What this privacy notice covers
South of Scotland Ice Rink is committed to protecting your personal information.In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means South of Scotland Ice Rink. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
South of Scotland Ice Rink comprises South of Scotland Ice Rink Club and South of Scotland Ice Rink Ltd. South of Scotland Ice Rink Club is a members sports club. South of Scotland Ice Rink Ltd is a company limited by guarantee with share capital and its registered company number is SC043163 This privacy notice covers the activities of both SSIRC and SSIRLtd.
South of Scotland Ice Rink operates the website www.lockerbieicerink.co.uk.
South of Scotland Ice Rink will be a “controller” of the personal information that you provide to us through the Website and Membership system,unless otherwise stated.
Information we gather
South of Scotland Ice Rink gathers certain information about you.
We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us
When you become a member of South of Scotland Ice Rink Club you will give us information. You may also give us information when using our Website. Information may include your members number, first name, surname, gender, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, financial and credit card information
In accordance with our competition, entry documentation, photography and video may be taken at these events, and these images may be used on our websites, social media platforms and promotional or internal documents.
How we may use your information
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to use your personal information in some circumstances. For example, when you apply to become a member of South of Scotland Ice Rink Club, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you and give you the benefits of being a
We also rely on obtaining your consent to use your personal information. For example, we will seek your consent to receive marketing via email and post about Lockerbie Ice Rink
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
• Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
• To provide you with information about our work or our activities that you have agreed to receive;
• Building profiles
We may use profiling and screening techniques to ensure communications are relevant and timely, and to provide an improved experience for our members and individuals who we may have a formal relationship with such as Coaches. Profiling allows us to evaluate and therefore understand our members and individuals who we may have a formal relationship with.. We do this because it helps us to make appropriate communications to our members and those individuals who we have a formal relationship with
We do not carry out profiling in relation to children.
We do this to:
• Ensure we know how you prefer to be contacted
• Keep a record of your relationship with us.
• Any other reasonable purposes of South of Scotland Ice Rink, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (amended from time to time).
We will use the information you give us to:
• perform services you have requested (such as providing you with Membership Benefits or providing you with information you have asked for);
• administer the ice rink, for instance by organising competitions;
• notify you about changes to our service, including but not limited to any changes to the Member Benefits;
• Any other reasonable purposes of South of Scotland Ice Rink, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
Associate bodies such as Areas, Provinces and Clubs in order that they may communicate with you regarding curling events only or to allow the associate bodies to manage the running of the sport in their areas.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If South of Scotland Ice Rink or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about individuals who have applied for Membership (whether successfully or unsuccessfully) will be one of the transferred assets;
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
• To protect the rights, property, or safety of South of Scotland Ice Rink, our Members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction. No data outside of EEA.
We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws and we will make sure that appropriate controls are in place. We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Users under 18
If you are under 18 and would like to get involved, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian before giving us your personal information. When we collect data about a child or young person aged under 18 we will make it very clear as to the reasons for collecting this data and how it will be used.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements and tax and accounting rules.
We may retain non-identifiable data for statistical purposes for longer than 5 years.
We will keep certain personal information of members for longer in order to confirm your identity, when you were a member of South of Scotland Ice Rink and for how long. We need to do this to comply with the Companies Act 2006, which requires us to keep a register of members or [in the event of a claim against South of Scotland Ice Rink.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to and stored at South of Scotland Ice Rink’s registered office and online systems.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. South of Scotland Ice Rink will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
You have the right to:
• Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you other than online, please email email@example.com
• Request that we delete your personal data
• Object to profiling. Profiling is an automated processing of personal data to evaluate any feature of your behaviour preference or location.
• Request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes.
• You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the Data Protection Officer and we will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirm ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquiries and Complaints
If you have any enquiries or complaints, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, club, and position in club. South of Scotland Ice Rink will acknowledge receipt of all enquiries and complaints and will endeavour to respond within 15 working days.
Any requests received by South of Scotland Ice Rink will be considered under applicable data protection legislation. If you remain dissatisfied, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.uk